YouTube Vs YouTube Go: The fundamental difference
Google has officially released the latest video streaming application with the name YouTube Go. Uniquely, the YouTube Go apps, as a streaming video-streaming app for internet data usage, is only distributed limited to certain countries, such as India and Indonesia.
Discuss about YouTube Go Apps, then comes a basic question, if the YouTube app and YouTube Go are both apps for streaming video. Thus, what distinguishes both of these applications?
Then, which one should we use in smartphones, YouTube or YouTube Go? Rather than curious, check out the difference of both here.
YouTube Vs YouTube Go
- The first difference in terms of features is the availability of the feature of uploading videos on YouTube application. While on the YouTube Go app not found the presence of the same features.
- Both have features to download video based on its quality, it’s just on the application of YouTube, the video can be downloaded with the three options, namely low quality – 144p, medium – 360p, and HD – 720p quality. A different case with the YouTube Go video can only be downloaded based on two categories of quality, namely the Basic Quality and Standard Quality which have automatically determined the amount of data.
- On the share videos, the YouTube application has the ability which is more complete than the YouTube Go apps, where the video can be distributed easily to various social media applications, messaging applications, up to the ability to copy the link. While the YouTube Go app users can only share video to users with the same application, but share a video on YouTube Go can be done without the use of internet data.
- Other differences, in the YouTube application, we will find the feature to insert videos into playlists to watch the video. While on the YouTube Go app there is no existence of the playlist feature.
- While watching the video in the YouTube application, users can do multitasking activities, explore the list of videos while you turn down the screen (minimize) the video. Unlike the YouTube application, then the application on YouTube Go, users are only able to watch without the ability to minimize the video screen.
- The difference is also found on the comment and like feature at the YouTube application, while the YouTube Go app does not have both features.
From the review above, we can know that there are many fundamental differences between YouTube and the YouTube Go apps. Note, however, if the difference is due to a reason, where the YouTube Go app is designed and intended for users with limitations and Internet connection issues.
Hence, what applications should we use for streaming video? YouTube or YouTube Go? Simple, you just need to adjust to your needs and also the condition of the internet connection on your residence. Of course, if you only occasionally do streaming video as entertainment and are faced with a “slow” internet condition, then the YouTube Go app will be most appropriate for you to use. Different from the case if you are YouTubers, who was fond of uploading videos and supported with internet capabilities, then certainly the YouTube app is the answer.
Thank you very much for reading YouTube Vs YouTube Go, hopefully useful.
Founder of Blogmarketingtool.com. I am Full time blogger, internet marketer, SEO specialist, web development. I love blogging to share my business and marketing experience.