Search engine optimization works on the premise that more people linking to your website means the more popular and valuable it must be and therefore the higher the ranking it deserves on the search results. In other words, popularity is a major indicator of the value of a website. How to get quality backlinks
A common question derived from the above is: how do you measure popularity?
From a search engine’s perspective, the answer is pretty straight forward.
Backlinks from another website directing to your website is a definite vote of confidence and of popularity.
Attention! We are not writing about the links you put on your own website, although those “internal” links are also very important and often neglected, but instead backlinks whichother websites use to direct attention towards your website.
What is a Backlink?
To make it short, backlinks are the backbone of search engine optimization. They are the external links that are directed towards your website from another website.
Search Engines prefer those websites who have high quality backlinks. To receive good organic traffic as well as high quality traffic at the same time, backlinks are the most important part of it. The more high quality backlinks you have the more good reputation you will earn in various search engines such as Google.
Search engines calculate the relevance of a website to a keyword and consider the number of quality backlinks to the website. We should not be satisfied with purely getting backlinks, it is the quality of those links that matters.
When backlinks to your website come from other websites which have content that is related to your website, these backlinks are considered more relevant to your website. If backlinks are found on websites with unrelated content, they are considered less relevant. The higher the relevance of backlinks, the greater the quality.
How to get Backlinks?
There are countless numbers of ways and places to build backlinks for your website, and the enormity of the task at hand can sometimes be paralyzing. But search engine optimization needs to start from somewhere. Waiting passively for others to link to your website is a certain “No No”.
There are certain things to take under consideration when starting your backlink building.It is useful to keep track of your backlinks, to know which websites are linking back to you, and how the anchor text of the backlink includes keywords relating to your website.
While getting quality backlinks is a hard task, fortunately there are heaps of places on the internet that are willing to link to your website making the backlink process a walk in the park. All you need to do is have the “time” to proceed with the task of getting backlinks.
How to get quality backlinks?
Below you will find a number of websites where you can make high quality backlinks for free. You can simply get backlinks from these websites by making your profile on it and add your website url with it in your profile page.
- Google Profiles
- Google Places
- Ezine Articles
Another good way of gaining backlinks is: Blog, Forum commenting (make sure it is relevant to your website)
Top 50 High PR websites to create “profile” Backlinks for free:
- http://www.xing.com About Me PR 8
- http://my.telegraph.co.uk About Me PR 8
- http://www.blogger.com About Me PR 8
- http://www.politico.com/ About Me PR 8
- http://issuu.com/ About Me PR 8
- http://www.ehow.com About Me PR 7
- http://www.zillow.com About Me PR 7
- http://www.2checkout.com About Me PR 7
- http://30boxes.com About Me PR 7
- http://community.elgg.org About Me PR 7
- http://www.comedycentral.com/ About Me PR 7
- http://www.jamieoliver.com/ About Me PR 7
- http://activerain.com About Me PR 6
- http://answerbag.com About Me PR 6
- http://www.viddler.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.stickam.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.quarterlife.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.dontstayin.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://virb.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.myfolio.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.threadless.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.gusto.com/ About me PR 6
- http://schoolofeverything.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.crowdspring.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.yuku.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.startupnation.com About Me PR 6
- http://democracyforamerica.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://newstrust.net/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.divinecaroline.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.thepoint.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.soundclick.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.redbubble.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://www.dezinedepot.com About Me PR 6
- http://www.protectthehuman.com/ About Me PR 6
- http://retroland.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://www.vidilife.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://socialight.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://vi.sualize.us/ About Me PR 5
- http://nobosh.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://www.listal.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://www.linkinn.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://www.revish.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://nerdfighters.ning.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://rezzable.com/ About Me PR 5
- http://www.shoutlife.com/ About Me PR 4
- http://www.widgiland.com/ About Me PR 4
- http://ikarma.com/ About Me PR 4
- http://www.bloggersunite.org/ About Me PR 4
All of the above does take a bit of time and work, but if you do it the search engines will have a richer collection of websites pointing back to yours in a consistent, powerful way.
It is much wiser to get one high quality backlink instead of 100 low quality backlinks to your website.
Thank you very much for reading How to get quality backlinks, hopefully useful. Instead above, you can get quality backlink from our service.