Blogmarketingtool.com | How To Change Favicon in WordPress Easily – Have you ever realized that every website has a small logo, please click on the browser tab.
A favicon is a small icon that becomes the identity of a website.
On websites, the logo is usually located at the top of the page with varying sizes, while the favicon is located on the browser tab.
If your website doesn’t have a favicon until now, please read the following article to the end because we will show you how to easily change the favicon in WordPress.
Why Websites Need a Favicon?
Favicon becomes the identity of a website, so every website needs a favicon for their respective identities.
Visitors will see browser tabs very often, especially if you open multiple tabs at the same time, the favicon is what will differentiate each website.
Here are some reasons why websites need a favicon:
In general, website visitors will be aware of the use of logos/symbols on the website.
By installing it on your website’s favicon, your branding will be stronger so that visitors will remember it more.
Especially for those who like to open multiple tabs at once, without a favicon you can’t distinguish one website from another.
It takes time for this branding process
Even though it’s only small in size, trust can be built from favicon.
Website visitors will feel awkward when they see a website that doesn’t have a favicon, even though others are already using it.
Especially for a business website or online store, having a favicon is an important element that must exist.
For smartphone users, of course, opening many tabs at once must be done often.
Now with this favicon, it is very helpful for smartphone users to switch tabs from one tab to another.
How to Create a WordPress Favicon
For those who don’t know, the favicon uses the .ico format with a square shape and the size is 512 pixels x 512 pixels.
If you already have a website logo image, you can resize the image according to the recommended size.
Or you can redesign using image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and the like.
Then you can save it in .ico format or convert your design using Favicon.io, Favicon-generator.org, etc. Applications.
How is the favicon ready to be used? Let’s move on to how to install favicon in WordPress.
How To Change Favicon in WordPress
For How To Change Favicon in WordPress, there are many ways, you can choose which one is the easiest and fastest.
Here’s a tutorial on changing the website’s favicon:
How To Change Favicon in WordPress Automatically
If you are a WordPress user, you can change your website’s favicon automatically by uploading a file with the name favicon.ico.
The WordPress website will automatically detect this icon file and will set it as the website’s favicon.
For the following way:
- Make sure you have prepared a square image with dimensions of 1:1 size 512px x 512px image formats such as jpeg, jpg, png etc.
- Then convert the image to .ico format, use an online converter application to make it easier.
- If you have downloaded it, then rename the file to favicon.ico, the browser will be able to recognize the name.
- Please upload it to your WordPress website directory, you can via Media > Add New.
If so, please check whether it works or not.
How To Change Favicon in WordPress without a Plugin
The second way to change the website icon is no less easy, you can use the WordPress customizer.
But the minimum requirement is to use WordPress version 4.3 and above, if below that this feature cannot appear.
Here’s how to replace it:
- Please login to your WordPress website account.
- If so, please go to the menu Appearance > Customize.
- Next, please select the menu Site Identity.
- Scroll down and find the menu Site Icon, please prepare a favicon file with a size of 512 × 512 earlier.
- Please Select Image and Upload, wait for the process to finish.
- Don’t forget to save changes by pressing the “Publish” at the top of the WordPress themes.
If so, please check whether the process of replacing the new favicon has been successful or not.
How To Change Favicon in WordPress with a Plugin
If you can’t use the first and second methods, there is a last option that you can try to change the website’s favicon.
You do this by using a WordPress plugin, we recommend Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator plugin.
This plugin has proven to be the most widely used plugin by WordPress users, there are more than 200 thousand installations of this favicon plugin.
Immediately, here’s how to replace the WordPress favicon with a plugin.
- Please login to your WordPress website.
- After logging in, please go to the Plugin menu > Add New then write in the search box “Favicon”.
- If it appears Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator please Install then Activate.
- Then please go back to the WordPress dashboard, go to the Appearance menu and select the new “Favicon” menu.
- Please select the “Select from the Media Library” menu, then select the image you will use as a favicon.
- If you have found it, please select the “Generate Favicon” button and wait for the process, if it is correct, please continue with “Continue with this picture”.
- Please scroll down and select “Generate your Favicons and HTML code”.
Please see whether the appearance of your website’s favicon has changed or not.
Recommended For You:
Rank Math Pro Review