Rewriting Content – A common mistake that a vast majority of affiliates do, is to focus on new content and worry about how and when will the search engines visit their website and update their rankings with the new content. This is a daily struggle for affiliates and even more so for affiliates that have been in the business for a long period of time and have ran out of ideas and content to write about.
The solution is simple. Re-writing or updating your existing content!
While re-writing content does seem daunting, it is a simple straight forward process and you as an affiliate can gain plenty from it. You can either update an existing article or re-write an existing article and create a whole new page for your website.
How to update or rewriting content?
These are a few easy points an affiliate can take when proceeding to re-writing or updating an article:
- Read the article again and again until you thoroughly understand it. Copy its ideas and not its words.
- Re-write paragraph by paragraph and not sentence by sentence. This will prevent you from accidentally writing the same thing twice and be penalized by the search engines.
- Don’t be afraid to make changes. Add new information where possible, a paragraph or two. It will provide new relevant information to your audience and also increase the length of the content which is also good for long-tail keywords in the search engines.
- Restructure the article. Perhaps turn it into a question the audience is looking for and then proceed to answer the question. Change the title of the article.
- Add visual elements. Adding a video or images is always a great way to change your content while at the same time increasing your chances for conversions.
- Change the order of the paragraphs and the information displayed. Add bullet points and also change the opening words of its sentence.
- Remove the date of the article if displayed. By removing the date, the visitor will think the information is relevant to them and click through.
- Never forget the keywords!
Once done with re-writing or updating your article you can then check online that it is unique. There are many free tools out there created specifically for that purpose.
If the above sounds like hard work and you do not think it is worth the effort, I would like to invite you to perform the following exercise.
Spend some time over the next few days looking at older articles that are still getting a good amount of hits. Put yourself in the visitor’s place and ponder: could I re-write or update this article and increase my conversions? The answer is yes you can. What are you waiting for? (Source: Agoda.com)
Thank you very much for reading Rewriting Content, a basic for building website or blog.
Founder of Blogmarketingtool.com. I am Full time blogger, internet marketer, SEO specialist, web development. I love blogging to share my business and marketing experience.