Keywords 5/5 (2)
Keywords – A keyword is generally a word or phrase that is highly important to a certain topic. When a visitor is searching online, he will use a keyword to verbalise and identify a certain topic they are looking information for.
Companies and affiliates alike use keywords to create content around relevant topics of importance which then helps them rank on search engines and make their content available and visible to the wider public.
Why to use Keywords?
- Keywords are the basis of your website content. The subject of every webpage and the essence of what it is about should connect directly back to a keyword or keyword phrase. Since keywords are topics as we previously mentioned, they should also be taken into consideration when creating offers and emails.
- Keywords help visitors and potential customers understand the purpose of your webpage. When reading the content of the webpage, a visitor will often identify the keywords they searched for which will then in return keep the visitor on the certain webpage and increase the opportunity of conversion.
- Keywords help search engines understand the purpose of your website. When a search engine begins the process of indexing your website pages, it will analyze the keywords on the webpage to determine the purpose of your pages which will in return help your webpages rank better on the search engines.
Different types of Keywords
Keywords are mainly separated into two distinct categories: broad keywords and long-tail keywords. Broad keywords are short words or phrases. While they apply to your website and industry, it is paramount to recognize that they might also apply to every website and company in the industry and sometimes even to those in other industries.
Long-tail keywords tend to be longer words or phrases that are more specific to your website, target market and industry. It is important to remember that long-tail keywords make up the vast majority of online searches. Actually, most searches conducted on the Internet are long-tail keywords and if you are not targeting long-tail keywords you are missing out on about 95% of you possible traffic.
How to use Keywords?
- Research popular keywords and phrases for the industry/market you are considering writing about. There is a variety of keyword research tools available for free online that allow you to add in certain words and find out which keyword phrases are popular with search engines.
- Write down all of the keyword and phrases you want to use in your articles and then create article categories and titles for each set of keywords and phrases.
- Density of the keyword or phrase is an important area to consider for each article. Ideally a frequency of at least 1% per article is vital, which averages out to five uses of each keyword or phrase when writing the average 500 word article. Make sure they are spread across the article.
- Create a draft outline for each article. These articles should have a general intro, a few paragraphs for the body and a conclusion. Be extremely cautious as the articles can end up not making much sense if you focus only on adding the keywords, so make sure to outline all the related information that is useful to the visitor.
- Read the article you created a few times to ensure there are no errors that a common spelling and grammar checker may have missed. Once you give your articles a quick editing, you can then begin adding the article to your website.
The final touch in order to optimize your keyword or phrase selection is to make sure they are inserted into the following. Including your keyword or phrase will help the search engines detect the subject of your webpage and rank your webpage in the relevant search results.
- Page Title
- Header Tag
- Sub-Header Tag
- Body Content
- Site Navigation Link Text
- In-Content Link Text
- Image Tag
- Video Tag
- Meta Description (Source: Agoda.com)
Thank you very much for reading Keywords, a basic for building website or blog.
Founder of Blogmarketingtool.com. I am Full time blogger, internet marketer, SEO specialist, web development. I love blogging to share my business and marketing experience.
Share information about Keywords if useful
You Might Also Like
KeywordsTagged with keyword
|1|| Guest Post |
|2|| What is a VPS, The Advantages, and The Usefulness |
|3|| Contact |
|4|| How to login to cpanel account |
|5|| Keywords |