Blogmarketingtool.com | How To Delete A Theme in WordPress – A WordPress theme is an important component in the appearance of a website. An attractive appearance will obviously make visitors feel at home on your website.
However, most of the themes on a WordPress website can also make the website more resource-heavy. Not only that, there are several reasons for you to delete a WordPress theme. The following include:
- Not in use anymore
- It’s not updating anymore
- Themes can undermine website security
- Most Themes can slow down a Website
In this guide, we will discuss in detail how to delete a WordPress theme
How to delete a theme in WordPress
Actually, there are several ways to delete a WordPress theme, either through the WordPress Admin Dashboard or through the website’s control panel.
1. Removing a WordPress Theme Through the WordPress Dashboard
The first way is the easiest way to do it, you can remove the WordPress theme via the WP admin, here are the steps How To Delete A Theme in WordPress via WP Dashboard:
- Login to the WordPress Admin Dashboard using your username and password.
- In the left menu, click Appreance. Next, open the subsection Theme.
- Next there will be many themes that you have installed.
- Please select and click which theme you will delete
- Then click on delete in the lower right corner
- Next, check the list of installed themes. You will not find the theme you just deleted from the list.
- However, if you want to reinstall the theme, you can do so at any time.
- You will have to upload the theme again/search for it again in the themes directory.
That’s how to delete a WordPress theme through the WP admin, next we will tell you how to delete a theme through your website’s Control Panel.
2. How to delete a WordPress theme through the hosting control panel
In this second method, you must have access to the hosting control panel that you are using, you can ask about the control panel login information to your hosting provider. Here we use CPanel.
- Login to the Hosting Control panel
- From your hosting panel dashboard, find the File Manager option.
- Navigate to Your Website Directory
- Find and open a folder wp-content, then open the folder theme.
- Then you just choose which theme you want to delete, this file is given a name based on the name of the WordPress theme that you installed
- Click the theme that will be deleted, then click Delete on the top menu
- A Confirmation Dialog will appear, if you don’t want the file to go to “Spam” and will be permanently deleted, then just check it Skip the trash and permanently delete the files.
- Then Click Confirm.
And finished, now your WordPress theme has been successfully deleted.
The second way is the best way to delete WordPress theme, because it will immediately delete the theme folder and data from your hosting.
Thus the guide regarding How to Delete a WordPress Theme, hopefully this is useful.